Friday, March 17, 2006

Life to the full

Hey everyone. I don't even know if anyone still reads this, but I guess I'll keep posting. I get more comments on my Xanga, but oh well. I'm not really doing it for the comments anyway. Haha. (Altho comments are nice...so if you read this, you could comment to let me know...hint, hint! hehe) ANYWAY, I am still in Idaho -- it's about 1:30 AM here and I think we're gonna leave around 8 AM to go back to Colorado. But I just needed to share this before I hit the bed.

One of the great things about this vacation has been the extra time I've been able to spend with my best friend, Jesus. And it hasn't come naturally or easily -- being in a small house with four other adults and two babies doesn't leave much time for "extras" or a whole lot of privacy either. BUT I have been making an effort, and it has been paying off. I hope to be able to share some of the things God has shown me this week.

I received this in an e-mail today and it spoke to me so strongly that I wanted to post it. It's from a book by Bishop Jim Earl Swilley called A Year in the Now and it references the verse John 10:10.

1. Today I will live in the now because I have learned how to appreciate my life-to celebrate all of it-reveling in my victories, learning from my defeats and simply enjoying the journey. God is Good, Life is Good, It's all good!
2. I will be happy and thankful and positive and light. . . . . . with a good attitude. . . .
3. Today I will not waste my time for celebration by regarding regrets. . . . .
4. Today I will praise the Lord Who is great and greatly to be praised......
5. Today I will live in the moment...seize the day, rejoice and be glad in the day the Lord has made. I will embrace the world around me and love it unconditionally.
6. Today I will enjoy abundance and favor and prosperity and success......Joy flows out of my heart like a river, bringing life to the desert of depression where so many are dying.
7. Today is a day to thank Jehovah Rapha, the God who heals by making bitter experiences sweet. He has turned for me my mourning into dancing and has given me the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. I celebrate his life in me because he has girded me with gladness and caused my cup to run over. Today he anoints me with the oil of joy above those around me and today, I will LIVE IN THE NOW.

May God grant us all the grace and strength to truly LIVE IN THE NOW. To forget the past and all its hurts and regrets, and move on to all the wonderful things He has in store for us! I intend to live today and every day in the abundance of God's riches that are mine thru Christ.

God bless you all!! More Idaho updates will be coming soon...with pictures! :)

No comments: