Saturday, March 25, 2006

Amazing Stuff

I just want you to know that
God is amazing!

I am in such awe of the things that God has been doing and teaching me lately! I had an amazing answer to prayer yesterday that I can't really talk about in detail (some of you know) but God totally led and directed in a situation with student and...well, it just pays to trust God! He is totally faithful!

Yesterday morning in my devotions I read the verse from Romans 8 that says,
"We are more than conquerors through Him that loved us."
And the emphasis was on the "through HIM" part -- that we just need to "let God do it!" Let Him fight the battle and trust Him to win! Pretty cool, and it was just what I needed!

And then yesterday, I listened to my new David Phelps CD, "Life is a Church" (really great CD by the way, and yes, I know, I'm behind because it's not really that new!) and heard the song "That's What Love Is" for the first time and that totally spoke to me! You have to hear it to appreciate it completely, but here are the lyrics, and for those of you that know yesterday's story, you know how well this fits. Again, just what I needed!

It’s the only thing worth life and death.
It’s the first moment and the final breath.
It’s a broken heart keeping a solemn vow
And a lost soul being found.
You pray for faith when it’s hard to believe.
You choose to stay when it’s easy to leave
And when hope is gone you’re the one who keeps holding on.
That’s what love is
When you give until there’s nothing left
And it makes you give the very best.
That’s what love is.
It can make you laugh and make you cry.
It can let you down and lift you up so high
When you find the only reason left to live.
That’s what love is.
It’s the dream you give up for someone else.
It’s being strong when you’re weak yourself.
Though it tears you up you trust again.
Hatred loses and forgiveness wins.
You turn your cheek when you want to fight.
Sell all you have and lay down your life
And when hope is gone
you’re the one who keeps holding on.
It’s reaching out and holding on so someone else will know.
Love is in the not letting go.
If you ever get a chance to hear the song, do it! The whole CD is actually worth listening to.
Anyway, my point in all this is to just let you know, if you were wondering or doubting, that God is entirely faithful. He does not just leave us to our own devices, but He always makes a way! It's so exciting to serve Him and to see Him work! I'm so excited about what He's done, and the work He's continuing to do, in my life and in the lives of those that I love!

God bless your weekend! Love to all who read!

No comments: