Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Idaho

It's beautiful! So beautiful here. I'm taking pictures, which I will hopefully be able to post when I get home! Here is a synopsis of what has happened so far:

Saturday my uncle and I left KC about 7 AM for Colorado. We went thru Iowa, a little corner of Wyoming (I think) and Nebraska, which I had never done before, and which proved to be quite interesting. I've always just gone straight west on I-70 which is completely boring. Anyway, we got to Berthoud, CO (where my cousin Aaron lives) about dinner time so decided to go eat Chinese. Cara finally got there (after getting lost--heehee!) and Aaron went to pick up Alyssa and we all met at the Chinese restaurant. It was really good food and we all ate too much, and we found out President Bush has eaten there before! It was snowing beautifully when we got done eating! We went back to Aaron's, and he put Cara and I on the hide-a-bed which was kinda hilarious. Especially since he only had one teeny-tiny blanket for us to share! But we survived and the next morning we went to the Loveland Church to see the KCCBS ensemble. They did a marvelous job!! It was so cool to see everybody!

My uncle and I left straight from church to head for Idaho. We drove for about 5 or 6 hours, up into the mountains, and discovered that due to the weather and weather-related accidents, they had closed the roads! So we ended up having to spend the night in a little town called Green River, Wyoming. It's a beautifully picturesque little town, and if you ever get a chance, you should go there. Of course, the only reason you'd really notice it is if you had to stay there, which would mean the roads were closed, so I wouldn't really wish that on you. Anyway, we got up and left at 5:00 the next morning (Monday morning) and made it to Caldwell, Idaho by about 3 PM. It was a brutal trip! The mountains were incredibly beautiful though!! I took pictures but they will probably not do them justice.

After we got here, we went over to Jeff and Deb's old house and finished moving them out (they just had a bunch of last minute stuff in the garage) and then we just sat around, I played with the kids, and we talked until like 1:00 in the morning.

This morning I slept till about 10 and then got up and we all just kinda messed around and then tonite after Jeff got off work we went into Boise and the guys shopped at Best Buy while us gals and the babies went to TJ Max. Other than Madison doing a nosedive out of the shopping cart, the shopping was uneventful. (She was okay -- mostly scared. Grandma was scared most of all.) Then we all went and ate at Texas Roadhouse, then came home and I read Madison stories before she went to bed. Then all the grownups went to bed. Except me, obviously, since I'm still up and typing like mad.....

I just gotta tell you, these kids of Debbie's and Jeff's are sooo cute! I know they're my cousins, but still. They are cute! I will post pictures of them and you will see! Madison is two (she'll be 3 in August) and she is pixie-cute! Chase is 9 months old today. He is precious! He has the biggest, bluest eyes ever, and the most adorable chuckle you've ever heard. He's very much like his Uncle Aaron.

Well, I am gonna quit for now. My brain is starting to shut down, and it's always dangerous to keep writing when that happens. I hope everyone is having a marvelous week and that you are warm, safe, and happy!! I miss all you KC people and Cara...I'll see you soon!! Love you all!

No comments: