Saturday, December 17, 2005

over the river and through the woods

Okay, I'm not sure why the title. I think hearing about everyone's travel plans has put me in the mood. (To travel.) Yeah, so anyhow, to everyone reading this, I hope you are safe over the Christmas holiday, and I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating the birth of our Savior, wherever you happen to be!

My week was really long and I'm pretty glad that it's over. Lots of crazy things happened this week, not the least of which I tried to burn my classroom down. It was quite traumatic, but thankfully, the only lasting damage is a couple of scorched spots on the carpet. (My tissue box got too close to my burning candle...arrrggghhh!)

Tonight is the faculty/staff Christmas dinner. I had a miserable night (couldn't sleep) because I think I'm getting sick, so I'm not sure whether I will make it over there. I feel like I am coming down with some kind of cold...I hope that's all it is!!

I saw Narnia last night! I do not have the "background" of having read the books, and did not even know the story all that well, but it was an amazing movie nonetheless! I'm really glad I got to see it. The allegorical nature of the story is quite moving. Do people get how symbolic it really is???

This week, we have school through Wednesday, then on Thursday I am taking my nephew and going to Branson where my parents will be all week, enjoying their time share. My brother will come down later that night. We will be in Branson until sometime Saturday, then we will head over to Tulsa to spend Christmas and Christmas Eve with my dad's side of the family. They have not met Alex yet, so it will be a lot of fun! On Monday, we are coming home. It should be a really fun time.

Well, I hope everyone is doing well, enjoying your weekend, and that the coming week is fantastic! If you're traveling somewhere, please be careful, and above all, remember to celebrate the coming of Christ into our world and into our lives. If not for that, all is lost.

1 comment:

SteveDaWonder said...

My parents want to go on a "vacation" instead of be home for Christmas. I just want to be home for Christmas. I've been away for forever.