Friday, September 15, 2006

perfection.


The weather has been so perfect. When it's chilly enough to need the heater in the mornings, and warm enough for the A/C in the afternoons, well...that's perfection to me.



The last two days have been horribly stressful. I'm just glad that even though we don't always understand the things that are going on, God does, and He's in complete control. He has already proven His love and care for me, so I don't have to worry. Not that I always trust Him perfectly, but He's teaching me. I'd appreciate it if all of you would pray for me because I really need to have the right attitude.

Yesterday I read the book of James. There are some amazing things in there. It totally convicted me. You should read it. Here are a few verses that stood out to me.

1:26-27 -- If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
2:12-13 -- Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment!
3:1-2 -- Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. We all stumble in many ways. If anyone is never at fault in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to keep his whole body in check.
3:13-18 -- Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. Such "wisdom" does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, of the devil. For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice. But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.

So anyway, I know that everything is going to be fine.

TGI(almost)F! Tomorrow night I'm going to the Royals game with my youth group. Then Saturday is Carolyn's wedding and Sophia's birthday party. I'll make sure and update with pictures!

Today I received a surprise visit from a former student, which totally made my day! Josh came to see me, and brought his fiance Heather. They are getting married next spring. Anyway, it was totally amazing to see him. He was truly a sight for sore eyes. I love that kid. He is doing good. He just moved to St. Louis and is still looking for a church, but I was happy to hear that he's still living for God. I was sad to hear that his little brother Andy is in jail and might be going to prison. You might pray for that family if you think of it.
I saw this today and it totally cracked me up...enjoy!




















No comments: