Friday, June 09, 2006

Stuff

So, I just finished reading The Da Vinci Code. I wanted to read the book to see for myself what all the "fuss" was about. I have especially been interested in finding out why some well-meaning people have been so intent on proving that a work of fiction is, indeed, false. It seems to have caused a lot of unnecessary panic and, possibly, overreaction. So, I read it. It was intriguing and hard to put down, frankly. It isn't particularly well-written, and many of the purported "facts" are in fact, false. But it's fiction -- what do you expect?! I don't know that it was written "maliciously" as an attack against the church, but I don't know that it wasn't, either. It doesn't seem that all of the "information" presented in the book could be completely harmless and innocent, especially to the uneducated, uninformed reader. Anyway. This wasn't meant to be an analysis of the book -- you can access many of those that are well-written and much more thought-out than I have energy for right now! I don't necessarily recommend the book, especially for young readers, as there is some "mature content," but I would just encourage everybody to not react until you are completely informed!

Tonite I'm going to see "The King and I" at Theatre in the Park. I'm excited about that. It's supposed to be hot today, but that's okay. Summer cannot officially start until I've been to Theatre in the Park.

So, how is everyone's summer going? It sounds like most of you are keeping busy and (mostly) staying out of trouble. Keep in touch! Comment!!

Love to all who read!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

HI! Hope your summer is going well now that you've been to Theatre. :) My summer is going okay, although I'm ready to be done with camps! Just wanted to say hi and hope you have a great summer.

Jes said...

HI I enjoyed your pictures. I was wondering if there would still be rooms avalable at HHYC during the weekend Zenia and I have a ride up there if there is room. I have no problem staying in the barracks. I do not know about Zenia.