Wednesday, June 07, 2006


From You Bring the Confetti
By Luci Swindoll

A man who has friends must himself be friendly, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

A poet once described friends as "the sunshine of life." I myself have found that the day is certainly much brighter when I'm sharing it with my friends. Enjoying fellowship is one of life's sweetest blessings and joys. What would we do without people and the many shadings of companionship and camaraderie? We need friends in our lives, friends with whom we not only discuss "deep" issues and confide our secrets, fears, or sorrows, but with whom we can laugh, play, and even cry. The best times in life are made a thousand times better when shared with a dear friend.

Camaraderie is definitely a part of friendship, and camaraderie itself can often produce friendships, too. When we reach out to others, they reach out to us. It's a two-way street, a street practically lined with balloons and streamers in celebration of the unique bonds of friendship.

My friends are the sunshine in my life. My friends have been there for me with words of encouragement, they've prayed for me, laughed with me, cried with me, and just generally been pretty amazing. So...for all of that, I sincerely thank you from the bottom of my heart.

God has truly blessed my life with many friends, and I am so grateful because it seems He always brings people into my life just at the exact moment I need them. His timing is perfect, and I could never ask for more.

Thanks for being my friend. I celebrate you today.

No comments: