Thursday, November 01, 2012

valentina.

Thirty years ago today, a beautiful baby girl entered the world. I was nine years old, and I had been eagerly awaiting her arrival for months. I'll never forget my mom telling me that Eugene had taken Jean to the hospital  the night before (Halloween night) and that the baby would likely be born today.

I'll never forget hearing that she had a heart defect, and the long days waiting for her to come home. I'll never forget seeing her for the first time, and hearing my dad pray for her. God healed the hole in her heart, and I always knew that she was a very special girl with a very special purpose.

She immediately became MY baby. Everyone knew she was my baby...I took care of her every chance I got. I loved her deeply from the very start, and that love only grew with every passing day, month, year.

She grew into a lovely young lady, and she is beautiful and strong with a family of her own. She has been through a lot in her young life, but I still believe that God is going to fulfill His purpose in her. I love her more than she will ever know. She is, and always will be, my girl.

I love you, Valentina Eugenia Cody. <3 nbsp="nbsp" p="p">

No comments: