Sunday, May 28, 2006

Wow

What a week! This has been a crazy, crazy week!! First of all, my allergies have been worse than they have ever been, and so all week I have been really congested and yuck. Well, now I think it has turned into a cold. Not fun! Anyway.

Tuesday was the last day of classes. It was a half-day, and then the PTF (Parent-Teacher Fellowship) took the teachers out to lunch. That was nice! Tuesday night was the drama cast party, which about 50 people showed up to. I think we kinda overwhelmed Applebees, but it was all good. Wednesday was the school picnic, which ended up being lots of fun, and Wed. nite we had our youth group party -- to Jeff's for pizza then to the T-Bones game. THAT was totally cool! I have pictures which I will need to post sometime when I have my camera downstairs while I'm posting.

Thursday was a teacher workday, which I used to its fullest extent and got all my grading done, all my grades turned in, and all my awards and certificates ready to go. CARA got here around 1PM and helped me quite a bit...thanks, babe! Then Thur. night was the awards assembly, and after that we went and ate at Applebees with Michael. Oh my goodness. I think it must have been 8th grade prom nite, because there were all these little obnoxious kids who were SO LOUD we had to yell to each other to be heard! It was kinda hilarious!

Friday I had to be at the school for a meeting at 10AM, then we decorated for graduation all afternoon. THAT was stressful. Thankfully, I had some good help! Thanks to all the wonderful people who helped us out!! Yay for you! Friday night was graduation, and I will post pictures of that later too. It was a really good night. It was soooo hot!! The faculty had to sit on the stage and oh my word. In the middle of graduation, one of the light gels fell down onto some of the teachers. That was pretty funny, for those who saw it. After graduation, we did some party-hopping and got to see lots of cool people. I took a picture of a table-full of "kids" who are all either current or former students of mine. Wow. Some things just make ya realize that time has flown and you've been teaching a long time.

I just finished my 10th year of teaching, for those of you who don't know. Yep. Ten years. I graduated from college 10 years ago. Unbelievable. Of the kids who were in my first 8th grade class, three of them have graduated from college, one has a masters' degree, and two of them are serving our country in the military. None of them are married, that I know of, but one is getting married this August. Where has the time gone?

So today I woke up really sick, and spent most of the day in bed. Then this evening we went to a dinner over at the school that was a fundraiser for the college group that is going to the Carribbean in a couple weeks. THAT was cool!! We had so much fun! Then we went to Sharen's house and Jeff, Sharen, Cara and I ate Sheridan's and played Zobmondo. Fun times!!
Well, I guess I'd better wrap this up and go to bed so I'll be worth something in the morning.

Hope everyone is doing great and that you have a wonderful holiday! I'll try to update again soon -- with pictures!

Love to all who read!

2 comments:

Christopher said...

I take it you found your camera, then?

SteveDaWonder said...

Glad you enjoyed our banquet.